For your safety
Passenger Safety Information and Travel Tips
What you should expect when travelling with iCHAUFFEUR during the pandemic
Our number one priority is always the safety and wellbeing of our passengers and colleagues.
Coronavirus Safety Travel Tips
For safer journeys
Wash your hands
Please wash your hands before and after each journey.
Please use the free tissues provided.
Wear a facial mask
You should wear a facial mask inside the vehicle. Your chauffeur will wear one.
No handshaking please
No physical touch please.
Before your journey
Prior to your travel
When contacting us about a booking you will be asked a series of questions by our head office team to ensure that you are safe to travel. This is to protect both yourself and your chauffeur. Additionally, the process prior to, and arriving at your destination, has been modified to protect yourself and your chauffeur.
Chauffeurs will send you their temperature before collection
Maintain 2m social distancing outside the vehicle
Please use the free hand sanitiser
Your chauffeur will offer to sanitise your luggage
Passenger Safety Tips
For safer travel
NOTE: This information has been prepared based on, and following, the advice of Public Health England, the UK Government, Transport for London and the Public Carriage Office.
- Windows down a touch — This helps improves airflow through the vehicle.
- Avoid touching the vehicle interior and exterior door handles – your chauffeur will open and close your doors. Try not to use the electric windows too. Your chauffeur will be happy to oblige.
- Sit in the back, on the left – Our advice is to enter the vehicle via the near-side rear passenger door (diagonally opposite the driver) and to sit in the near- side rear passenger seat for the duration of the journey. This is the maximum distance you can be from your driver. Helping to reduce airborne transmission of coronavirus.
- Help your chauffeur keep you safe – She is trained to maintain social distancing wherever possible. Please listen to her safety advice.
- Set air-con to stun, Scottie – Your chauffeur will set the air-conditioning to extract. Never to recirculate. The chauffeur may also open the windows as well. The latest guidance says that good ventilation can help reduce airborne transmission.
Chauffeur Covid-19 Testing
You can request that your chauffeur be tested for Covid-19
For your safety we will open the windows slightly to improve circulation
We operate to ‘double clean’ sanitisation standard.
Your chauffeur will happily open all doors to help minimise touch.
Our four safety stages:
For questions prior to and during your journey
Questions Prior to booking
What have been your travel movements over the last 2 weeks?
Have you experienced any of the following?
- High temperature – Do you feel hot to touch on your chest or back, (you do not need to take your temperature)
- Loss of taste or smell
- New continuous cough which means coughing a lot more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough your cough is worse than usual)
- If you have experienced any of the COVID-19 symptoms we will advise you to stay at home and self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days. We would not be able to fulfil your journey.
- If you have recently returned from a known COVID-19 epicentre we would recommend that you travel in 7 days time.
- The COVID-19 epicentre changes regularly and the iChauffeur team will make a decision on whether to take your booking based on the latest COVID-19 epicentre updates.
The day before your journey
At 5pm the day before your booking your booking confirmation will be emailed and will include:
- A head shot of your chauffeur
- Their mobile number
- The vehicle registration number
- Temperature of your chauffeur
Leaving for your journey.
- Your chauffeur will contact you by SMS when he is outside your pick up location
- They will request that you leave all luggage at the entrance to your location
- Your chauffeur will sanitise your luggage with a UV wand and place it into the vehicle (Your chauffeur will manage all your luggage until you reach your destination)
- For airport / railway station pick ups – your chauffeur will take the luggage trolley from you at the first available opportunity
- Prior to pushing the luggage trolley – your chauffeur will sanitise the luggage trolley handles
- We request all Clients wear a mask. If you do not have a mask your chauffeur will provide a sanitised disposable mask for you to wear.
Your chauffeur will also offer you hand sanitiser as well as a packet of disposable tissues.
Your chauffeur will offer to sanitise all your personal possessions such a mobile telephone, keys, laptop bag / hand bag etc.
Entering and leaving the vehicle
- Your door will be opened for you using a remote control or by your chauffeur
- Your chauffeur will advise you to sit directly behind the passenger seat
- Your chauffeur will close your door using remote control
- On arrival at your destination your passenger door will be opened electronically or by the chauffeur
- Your chauffeur will ask you where you want your luggage depositing and place your sanitised luggage where you require it.
- Please exit the vehicle.
What not to expect
What you won't experience
- Newspapers and magazines in your vehicle
- Any physical contact with your chauffeur, your chauffeur will not greet you with a handshake nor bid your goodbye with a hand shake
- Any contact with the exterior of the vehicle, this will be operated electronically by your chauffeur
Further safety measures
‘Contactless Travel’ is our new enhanced safety protocol. The premise is to minimise any touch associated with a chauffeur driven journey. Learn more about Contactless Travel. We’re working hard to help keep everyone who uses iChauffeur safe, and will be sharing more updates soon.
COVID-19 Tested Chauffeurs
For Clients wishing to have their chauffeur COVID-19 tested. Please note this is a 3 day process prior to the date of travel. It includes 2 days of chauffeur self-isolation whilst we wait for the results of their COVID 19 test.
For your confidence, all chauffeurs adhere to the current TfL/PCO licensing standards, required by them to carry passengers safely. We are going the extra mile with Double Clean process. Before, and after, every journey.
Should I wear a face covering when I travel?
Yes, you are required to wear a face covering for the duration of the journey (including entry and exit of the vehicle). But should not be used by children under the age of three, or by people who may find them difficult to manage correctly. Disabled people and those with breathing difficulties are also exempt from wearing a face covering. If you do not have your own, we will be happy to offer you one on departure or arrival.
All passengers should remember that good personal hygiene practices are seen as the most effective response to the virus with the Government advising that people should wash their hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap, using warm water if available.