Latest information and advice while travelling with iChauffeur
As a leading chauffeur company, we are taking unprecedented steps in training all our chauffeurs to ensure that they follow correct safety procedures, for both our clients and themselves. iChauffeur are following all the government recommendations for transport providers to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
For our latest Coronavirus Travel Guidance:
Please read our latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Guidelines for up-to-the-minute advice and practical post-COVID travel safety information. Our safety protocols have changed throughout the pandemic. We have evaluated our procedures constantly, and changed working practices accordingly. For your assurance we will monitor the situation on an hourly basis. And change again. But don’t worry about us. Our job means a lot of turning corners. We are used to it. For personal and private executive car travel advice during the Coronavirus, please contact us. We are open 24/7 during the pandemic. Stay Safe, Travel Safe, Be Safe.
- 13 May 2020 Update: Coronavirus Travel Guidelines – updated after DfL publication (12 March 2020).
- 24th March 2020 Update: Essential travel services during extraordinary times
Chauffeur Hygiene Procedure
In the event that a chauffeur becomes aware they have had contact with an infected individual, the chauffeur will immediately self-isolate and withdraw from service. We have advised our chauffeurs to be vigilant with personal and vehicle hygiene procedures, including monitoring their own health first.
Once a chauffeur has dropped off a client, prior to cleaning the vehicle, the chauffeur will first wash his/her hands thoroughly. Having completed this procedure, he/she will then focus on the sanitisation of the vehicle.
Vehicle Hygiene Procedure
Prior to each new client entering the vehicle, the chauffeur will sanitise the seats, door handles and all surfaces where the previous passenger had contact. Once the car has been fully sanitised, the chauffeur will then wash his/her hands again.
Upon arrival at your car, your chauffeur will offer you hand sanitiser and wipes. He/she will refrain from contact with you by way of shaking hands.
Sit behind the Chauffeur
Chauffeur-driven travel should be relatively safe during a pandemic, nevertheless a car is an enclosed space. There have been no scientific studies, but experts recommend the safest place to sit is directly behind your chauffeur.
Magazines and newspapers
The World Health Organisation (WHO) warned that banknotes may develop into a public health risk as they change hands frequently, picking up bacteria and viruses along the way. This is why we do not offer daily papers or magazines while this is ongoing, as these are objects we touch every day, that could become key to the spread of the coronavirus.
Suggestions for our chauffeurs
- Use anti-virus wipes to clean your vehicle interior surfaces between passenger changes. The areas you should focus on are: Interior door panel, all handles, windows, locks, door storage areas, cup holders, power cords, seats, exterior door handles, and children’s car seats.
- Newspapers and magazines should be removed from the seat-back pockets in vehicles until further notice
- Only offer sealed refreshments and immediately remove the remaining packets with gloves after the journey is completed
- Wearing gloves to support customers with luggage is a good way to minimise contact and to reassure passengers
- Handshakes with customers should be avoided until further notice.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice
- Department of Health and Social Care
- For information about the virus and how to protect yourself
- GOV.UK action plan: a guide to what you can expect across the UK
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease advice for the public
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Q&A
- NHS advice about Coronavirus
We are taking a responsible approach towards minimising the risk of infection and trying to stop the spread of this virus and thank you for your support during these challenging times.
Your iChauffeur Team