As the UK’s lockdown continues to ease, plans for journeys to visit family and friends are now underway and require the safest and most secure mode of transport.
Award-winning private hire specialist, iChauffeur, established in 2005, is launching ‘Contactless Travel’, an innovative touch-free transportation protocol to protect both clients and chauffeurs. Contactless Travel redefines safe luxury travel and raises industry standards to exceed TfL and government guidelines.
Watch the Contactless Travel Video:
As the first operator to introduce a primary antibacterial process, reinforced with secondary UVC light technology disinfection to all vehicle ‘touch points’ and passenger’s luggage and personal items, iChauffeur leads the way in cutting-edge safety precautions with a ‘double clean’ before and after each journey. The ultraviolet rays active in the germicidal light wand, kills 99.9% of germs – without the use of hazardous chemicals. This disinfectant method is currently being used on the frontline in hospitals, pharmacies and airports.
iChauffeur’s Contactless Travel 20 step protocol includes:
- On booking, iChauffeur’s office team will ask a number of safety questions. iChauffeur imposes a strict one vehicle per passenger rule, unless passengers are all from the same lockdown household
- A confirmation email/text will be sent to the lead passenger ahead of their journey, providing their chauffeur’s name, headshot and current temperature reading
- The two-metre social distance rule will always, where possible, be applied. Chauffeurs will refrain from shaking passengers’ hands and will wear protective gloves. With sealed facial masks, gloves, hand sanitiser, tissues and wipes provided
- iChauffeur’s fleet of executive vehicles, have extra-long legroom to adhere to the two-metre distance regulations as well as advanced air-conditioning and air-filtration systems set to extract (not recirculate) for maximum ventilation
- Newspapers and magazines usually available, will be removed as a safety provision
- After the journey and before the next passenger’s arrival, chauffeurs will repeat the ‘hot spot’ sanitation process
- Should chauffeurs become aware that they have come into contact with passengers with Covid-19 symptoms, they will immediately self-isolate and withdraw from service
Acknowledged in the industry and by clients alike for its superlative bespoke offering, iChauffeur showcases exemplary levels of customer service. During lockdown, chauffeurs have gone above and beyond ‘typical’ client requirements (journeys to necessary work and airport collection for repatriation) by having a unique understanding of the passenger’s individual needs. Examples include:
- Standing in line and completing the household shopping list
- Collecting prescriptions from doctors’ surgeries and delivering them to pharmacies
- Reuniting family members following lockdown separation
Chauffeurs are appointed to iChauffeur following a meticulous 113 stage recruitment process. Experienced and distinguished in the art of chauffeuring, these men and women are the very finest in their field. Many have provided over 10 years of service to iChauffeur and are personally requested by clients for their close protection and advanced driving qualifications, and multilingual skills.
iChauffeur’s new safety road map, Contactless Travel, will encourage other operators to refine their practices and help control the pandemic. For clients seeking longer journeys, tours and bookings of several days, upon request, chauffeurs may be tested for Covid-19.
Some operators are choosing to install Perspex shields, however TFL is not recommending this as it is unknown whether shields will impact the effectiveness of air circulation systems and the overall safety of vehicles.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call +44 (0)208 400 4829 or visit www.ichauffeur.co.uk Prices are dependent on the individual request, however a typical journey from Central London to Oxford in a Mercedes S or V-Class starts from £225 + vat.
For Press Enquiries Please Contact The Dovetail Agency:
Alice Jackson, email@example.com, +44 (0)20 3709 7809
Notes To Editors:
Founded in 2005, award-winning iChauffeur has since developed into one of the world’s finest chauffeur companies. Having started with just two vehicles and a handful of clients, today iChauffeur has over 100 chauffeurs with an extensive fleet of luxury vehicles – from Mercedes S and V-Class to Range Rover Autobiography, Bentley Mulsanne, Rolls-Royce Phantom and luxury mini-coaches. In addition to providing essential chauffeur services, when regulations allow, iChauffeur also offers bespoke tours, close protection, special event coordination and exclusive experiences.
iChauffeur have won gold and silver at Professional Driver Magazine’s QSi Awards for ‘Best UK Chauffeur Company’ in 2017, 2018 and 2019.