The Lord Chamberlain’s Office is currently advertising for a new chauffeur to work under the command of the Head Chauffeur at the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace. The Royal Mews supplies all coaches and cars for State, official and unofficial occasions. The chauffeur will be expected to drive members of the Royal Family, the Royal Household and other distinguished passengers. The Royal Mews also cares for and trains Her Majesty’s carriage horses but the chosen chauffeur is more likely to be driving vehicles from the Rolls-Royce, Bentley or Range Rover stable.
The chauffeur will be required to work 48 hours per week and will expect a starting salary of £23,000. The position includes accommodation. Professional driving experience would be an advantage but ability to deploy tact and diplomacy as well as a full UK driving licence are essential.
- driving members of the Royal Family, Household officials, guests and official visitors as directed by the Head Chauffeur
- assisting in the maintenance of the vehicles within the garage
- assisting with the daily administration and management of the Royal Mews Garage
The applicant must:
- have a full UK driving licence
- have the ability to work effectively within a small team
- have good administration skills, with experience of using email
- have clear communication skills with an ability to deploy tact and diplomacy when necessary
- be motivated and committed to maintaining high standards
The application closing date is August 31st 2012. Read the Job Description.